• Professor in Physics and active in civil society affairs and human rights
• Obtained his Ph.D. in Physics from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 1994
- Astrophysical cosmology.
- Large-scale structure formation and evolution.
- The Epoch of Reionization and Cosmic Dawn.
- Radio interferometry at large wavelengths.
- Inverse problems in the context of astronomy.
• Full professor and Chair of the Astrophysics Research Center, The Open University, Israel.
• Full Professor, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands.